[BLS-News] Fwd: Thay's Transition into a new manifestation

Broward Lotus Sangha info at browardlotussangha.org
Fri Jan 21 17:51:14 PST 2022

Dear Lotus Sangha Beloved Community,

Our beloved teacher, Thây Thich Nhat Hanh, peacefully moved into a new
manifestation at midnight (Vietnam time) 1/22/2022. Please see the Plum
Village announcement letter below.

If you want to sit and breathe, remembering Thây, you might like to listen
with the worldwide noble sangha to the Great Bell from Deer Park:
https://youtu.be/oAaBPsWN2T8,
leave a message of gratitude here:
plumvillage.org/gratitude-for-thich-nhat-hanh,
or read this article about Thây on Tricycle:
https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/thich-nhat-hanh-dies/

There will be more events scheduled in the coming days. Please follow
the links below, as well as our calendar of events:
https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/

With deep gratitude for all of Thây's teachings and practices, his love,
and his compassion for all beings
May we strive to be a beautiful continuation of that energy for the benefit
of all beings
May you be well and happy

A Lotus Flower for You,
The Dharma Teachers and Friends at the
*Blooming Lotus Sangha Community of Mindful Living*
*Broward Lotus Sangha*
[image: Thay I have arrived.jpeg]

Dear Beloved Community,

With a deep mindful breath, we announce the passing of our beloved teacher,
Thay Nhat Hanh, at 00:00hrs on January 22, 2022 at Từ Hiếu Temple in Huế,
Vietnam, at the age of 95.

Thay has been the most extraordinary teacher, whose peace, tender
compassion, and bright wisdom has touched the lives of millions. Whether we
have encountered him on retreats, at public talks, or through his books and
online teachings–or simply through the story of his incredible life–we can
see that Thay has been a true bodhisattva, an immense force for peace and
healing in the world. Thay has been a revolutionary, a renewer of Buddhism,
never diluting and always digging deep into the roots of Buddhism to bring
out its authentic radiance.

Thay has opened up a beautiful path of Engaged and Applied Buddhism for all
of us: the path of the Five Mindfulness Trainings and the Fourteen
Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing. As Thay would say,
“Because we have seen the path, we have nothing more to fear.” We know our
direction in life, we know what to do, and what not to do to relieve
suffering in ourselves, in others, and in the world; and we know the art of
stopping, looking deeply, and generating true joy and happiness.

Now is a moment to come back to our mindful breathing and walking, to
generate the energy of peace, compassion, and gratitude to offer our
beloved Teacher. It is a moment to take refuge in our spiritual friends,
our local sanghas and community, and each other.

We invite you to join our global community online, as we commemorate Thay’s
life and legacy with five days of practice and ceremonies broadcast LIVE
from Hue, Vietnam and Plum Village, France, starting on Saturday January
22nd. Please see our website for more details coming shortly:
*www.plumvillage.org/memorial
<http://www.plumvillage.org/memorial>*

Let us each resolve to do our best over the coming days to generate the
energy of mindfulness, peace, and compassion, to send to our beloved
Teacher.

Over the coming hours on the Plum Village website, we will publish some
inspirational chants, texts, and mindfulness practice resources, to support
you to come together with your local sangha to generate a collective energy
of mindfulness and compassion, and create your own ceremony or session in
tribute to our Teacher. As Thay has always taught, nothing is more
important than brotherhood and sisterhood, and we all know the power of
collective energy.

We invite you to share your messages of gratitude or personal
transformation and healing on our website:
plumvillage.org/gratitude-for-thich-nhat-hanh

With love, trust, and togetherness,

The Monks and Nuns of Plum Village, France

*COME MEDITATE WITH US!*

*Celebrating 21 years of service to the community in Florida & beyond!*

*www.BloomingLotusSangha.org* <http://www.bloominglotussangha.org/>

*www.BrowardLotusSangha.org <http://www.BrowardLotusSangha.org>*
*Events **Calendar **Broward-Lotus-Sangha Calendar Of Events
<http://www.meetup.com/Broward-Lotus-Sangha/calendar/>*
*Donate **https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/contribute/
<https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/contribute/>*

*https://www.facebook.com/LOTUSSANGHA
<https://www.facebook.com/LOTUSSANGHA> *
*Lotus Sangha
<https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/LotusSangha?refsrc%3Demail&sig=b23aad58fc3efc8ec1def9c036e2334576a69c76&uid=1725960222&iid=1387ea74-8948-4a69-bda3-bd1a74af88d4&nid=5+268&t=1>
@LotusSangha <https://twitter.com/LotusSangha>*
*Wake Up Florida
**https://www.facebook.com/WkUpFLORIDA
<https://www.facebook.com/WkUpFLORIDA>*
*Wake Up Florida
<https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/LotusSangha?refsrc%3Demail&sig=b23aad58fc3efc8ec1def9c036e2334576a69c76&uid=1725960222&iid=1387ea74-8948-4a69-bda3-bd1a74af88d4&nid=5+268&t=1>
@WkUpFLORIDA <http://www.twitter.com/WkUpFlorida>*

*Viet Wake Up Florida **https://www.facebook.com/VietWakeupFlorida/*
<https://www.facebook.com/miamimindfullnessretreat/>

*Tu Vien Huong Hai Buddhist Monastery *
*https://www.facebook.com/TuVienHuongHaiFlorida*
<https://www.facebook.com/TuVienHuongHaiFlorida>

*Events **Calendar **Broward-Lotus-Sangha Calendar Of Events
<http://www.meetup.com/Broward-Lotus-Sangha/calendar/>*
*In the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh *