[BLS-News] IN-PERSON MEMORIAL CEREMONY HONORING THAY'S TRANSITION WITH THE BLOOMING LOTUS SANGHA DAVIE, FLORIDA SUNDAY, JANUARY 30, 2022 at 6 pm ET

Broward Lotus Sangha info at browardlotussangha.org
Sun Jan 23 08:37:29 PST 2022

IN-PERSON MEMORIAL CEREMONY HONORING THAY'S TRANSITION

WITH THE BLOOMING LOTUS SANGHA
DAVIE, FLORIDA
SUNDAY, JANUARY 30, 2022
at 6 pm ET

Join us for an in-person memorial ceremony for the transition of our
beloved teacher, Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh this Sunday, January 30th from
6-8 pm ET, offered by Dharma teachers from the Broward Lotus Sangha, the
Blooming Lotus Sangha, and Houng Hai Buddhist Monastery.

This ceremony to honor our Teacher will include guided sitting and walking
meditations, incense offering, a bonfire, and a moving ceremony to express
our aspiration to continue Thay’s teachings and legacy.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY, PHYSICAL DISTANCING, WELL-FITTING
MASKS, AND COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT IN
PERSON. ALSO, PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL SICK OR HAVE COVID SYMPTOMS.

RSVP here:

https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/events/283434040/

Thay has been the most extraordinary teacher, whose peace, tender
compassion, and bright wisdom have touched the lives of millions. Whether
we have encountered him on retreats, at public talks, or through his books
and online teachings–or simply through the story of his incredible life–we
can see that Thay has been a true bodhisattva, an immense force for peace
and healing in the world. Thay has been a revolutionary, a renewer of
Buddhism, never diluting and always digging deep into the roots of Buddhism
to bring out its authentic radiance.

Thay has opened up a beautiful path of Engaged and Applied Buddhism for all
of us: the path of the Five Mindfulness Trainings and the Fourteen
Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing. As Thay would say,
“Because we have seen the path, we have nothing more to fear.” We know our
direction in life, we know what to do, and what not to do to relieve
suffering in ourselves, in others, and in the world; and we know the art of
stopping, looking deeply, and generating true joy and happiness.

Now is a moment to come back to our mindful breathing and walking, to
generate the energy of peace, compassion, and gratitude to offer our
beloved Teacher. It is a moment to take refuge in our spiritual friends,
our local sanghas and community, and each other.

Wherever you are, please take some time (ideally at least 20 minutes) to
enjoy the practice of walking meditation. With each step, we can enjoy
breathing with Thay, walking with Thay, and connecting to our own and
Thay’s unborn and undying nature. With each step, we can feel Thay’s
mindful steps continue in our own mindful steps.

DONATIONS FOR THE MONASTIC SANGHA ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Also, TET (LUNAR NEW YEAR) VEGAN FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM
THE MONASTICS AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE CEREMONY.

COME MEDITATE WITH US!
A Lotus Flower for You,
Your Friends at the
*Blooming Lotus Sangha Community of Mindful Living*
*Broward Lotus Sangha*

*Tu Vien Houng Hai Monastery*
[image: Thay Compassion.jpeg]
*COME MEDITATE WITH US!*

*Celebrating 24 years of service to the community in Florida & beyond!*

*www.BloomingLotusSangha.org* <http://www.bloominglotussangha.org/>

*www.BrowardLotusSangha.org <http://www.BrowardLotusSangha.org>*
*Events **Calendar **Broward-Lotus-Sangha Calendar Of Events
<http://www.meetup.com/Broward-Lotus-Sangha/calendar/>*
*Donate **https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/contribute/
<https://www.meetup.com/LotusSangha/contribute/>*

*https://www.facebook.com/LOTUSSANGHA
<https://www.facebook.com/LOTUSSANGHA> *
*Lotus Sangha
<https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/LotusSangha?refsrc%3Demail&sig=b23aad58fc3efc8ec1def9c036e2334576a69c76&uid=1725960222&iid=1387ea74-8948-4a69-bda3-bd1a74af88d4&nid=5+268&t=1>
@LotusSangha <https://twitter.com/LotusSangha>*
*Wake Up Florida
**https://www.facebook.com/WkUpFLORIDA
<https://www.facebook.com/WkUpFLORIDA>*
*Wake Up Florida
<https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/LotusSangha?refsrc%3Demail&sig=b23aad58fc3efc8ec1def9c036e2334576a69c76&uid=1725960222&iid=1387ea74-8948-4a69-bda3-bd1a74af88d4&nid=5+268&t=1>
@WkUpFLORIDA <http://www.twitter.com/WkUpFlorida>*

*Viet Wake Up Florida **https://www.facebook.com/VietWakeupFlorida/*
<https://www.facebook.com/miamimindfullnessretreat/>

*Tu Vien Huong Hai Buddhist Monastery *
*https://www.facebook.com/TuVienHuongHaiFlorida*
<https://www.facebook.com/TuVienHuongHaiFlorida>

*Events **Calendar **Broward-Lotus-Sangha Calendar Of Events
<http://www.meetup.com/Broward-Lotus-Sangha/calendar/>*
*In the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh *

Breathe, you are online :)

COVID-19 safety measures
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY, PHYSICAL DISTANCING, WELL-FITTING
MASKS, AND COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED
TO ATTEND THIS EVENT IN PERSON. ALSO, PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL SICK OR
HAVE COVID SYMPTOMS
Masks required
COVID 19 vaccination required
Event will be outdoors

This is a post-only e-mail. Please do not respond to this message.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to our mailing lists, please visit
http://www.browardlotussangha.org/mailinglists/
Please
forward this invitation to others who you think may wish to participate.
Thank you.
May our Sangha Continue To Blossom And Radiate Beauty And Light Into All
That Is!
© 2022 Blooming Lotus Sangha